Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Diagnostic Essay, revision A

Kathy Walker Diagnostic Essay -revised
English-111-49
Dec.2009

The Worst Job I’ve Ever Had.

Working at The Steakhouse was the worst job I’ve ever had. It was because of the owner and, his holier than thou Chef Marten. They were on their own ego trips. Don’t get me wrong, Chef knew how to put out an eye pleasing and very tasty entree. He was creative when it came to dinner specials. For the first three weeks he worked there, I had a great respect for his knowledge and skills. But that all changed on a busy Saturday night. I had a very picky table of three. A woman in the party ordered one of our nightly specials, after she had had a few bites, she said “This is too spicy for me, can you take it back and bring me the fried shrimp combo?” So I took the special back to the kitchen and explained that my customer wanted something else. Chef went into orbit, yelling “You are the one that messed up the order.”He embarrassed me in front of all the other servers. And because I was a “Newbie” I just wanted to crawl into a hole.

Now sit right down and I’ll tell you a tale about the owner of the Steak House. Again, it was another busy night, and I had a section that was adjacent to the bar. That particular area was always the first to be closed when diner was winding down. I’d cleaned the tables, and started sweeping the floor. Making sure that I didn’t make too much noise, I moved the chairs carefully. Well I obviously made too much noise. The owner came in and made a big scene. He was yelling about me making too much noise moving the chairs. Of course everyone in the bar turned their attention in our direction to see what all the commotion was about.
At the beginning of my next shift, I put my two weeks’ notice in. I knew I would miss about four of my fellow servers, but I wasn’t going to take that much crap from anyone. No matter how much money I made working for them.
/www.youtube.com/watch?v=GANCTXk_lms

1 comment:

  1. Well revised. New details and a little more putting the reader there.

    Use the embed code on Youtube to put the video directly in your post.

    ReplyDelete